Kumamoto International Foundation
April 28th, 2016
No. 27 (Life)
Temporary Childcare Services Now Available
With the closing of certain day-care centers from May 1st onward, temporary childcare services will be offered as follows.
- Eligible Persons: Those who have a Kumamoto City resident card and who meet the following conditions.
(1) Those whose child was previously enrolled in a day-care center.
(2) Those whose jobs make it impossible to look after their child during the day.
(3) Those without anyone else to look after their child, except for a day-care center or a relative.
- Availability of temporary childcare services: April 25th (Mon.) to May 7th (Sat.) Please note that services will be closed on Sundays and holidays.
* Temporary childcare services may be extended beyond May 9th (Mon.) depending on the circumstances.
- Time: 7:30am to 6:00pm
- Place: Nishihara Park Children’s House (西原児童館) (4-24-4 Kuhonji, Chuo-ku)
- Eligible Children, Max Capacity: Preschool children ages three and up (please note: this service is limited to those who were previously enrolled in a day-care center). Max capacity of 40 children.
- Payment: Free of charge
- Application: Child Support Division (子ども支援課) , Kumamoto City Office (TEL 096-328-2158)
- Other Information:
(1) You will be responsible for providing lunch, snacks, and sheets and mats for naptime.
(2) Please contact Child Support Division in advance.
(3) Children with disabilities or food allergies will not be accepted.
(4) If your child causes too much trouble during childcare services, he or she may no longer be eligible to participate.
(5) Please be aware that these services are not being held at an official day-care center; it is possible that your child may encounter an injury.