Kumamoto International Foundation
About KIFOutline of KIFInformation from KIFEvent Calenders and Report
 FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions) back home
Articles search is available. (Key Word search is available for contents of question)
Question I will be in the People's Republic of China for a year as an exchange student. How should I acuire my visa?
Answer You can acquire your visa on your own.  You can also do so through a travel agency or a study abroad center (ryuugaku-centa), althogh this may cost you some money.
You will need the following when applying for a visa: a valid passport; a passport photo (3cmX4cm); an enrollment letter from the chinese school; visa application form; an approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form issued by the authorized Chinese unit; and a Physical Examination Certificate for Foreign Citizen.
In addition to the above, a processing fee is required.
Bring your completed application forms to the Chinese embassy or one of the consulate generals in Japan. Mail application will not be accepted and will be refused. The closest consulate general is located in Fukuoka. It is open on Monday through Friday, except on holidays, from 9:30 to 11:30. The consulate general can be reached at 092-752-2784. Be sure to call the consulate general before you go there.
Visit: http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84243.htm
for more information and to download the application forms.

      back home
Copyright(c)Kumamoto International Foundation